2008/07/09

The past two weeks, in photographic summary

Sooo... Today I discovered that I can use Mac OSX's Automator application to utilize Preview's hidden resize function, enabling me to batch resize all of my photos. I know I just updated yesterday and clearly stated that my next post wouldn't be until after my midterm on Friday, but I think in light of new circumstances, this monster picture post is justifiable.

By the way, if you own a Mac and would also like to know a simple method for batch resizing photos that doesn't require third-party software, send me an email at james [dot] kim [at] yale [dot] edu, and I'd be glad to send you the instructions.

One last thing: I'm terribly sorry if you're trying to read other posts on the Light Fellowship Google Reader page, and the text keeps moving down because of this post. I know how annoying that can be. Anyway, without further ado, here are the photos:


One more picture from the Great Wall. This is the "forbidden" section that a bunch of us explored anyway. Yes, the white stuff is actually fog.


At the request of my mom, I uploaded a photo with myself in it. Hi 엄마!


A duck/goose at the park we went to for our language practicum. They didn't fear humans.


The only picture I have of Sunny not trying to avoid the camera. Go Eileen for always being photo-friendly!


Awesome sword lady. I hope she didn't mind me taking pictures.


Chinese parks are definitely prettier than American parks.


Yeah, 打 that 太极拳.


For an entire five minutes, I watched this guy repeatedly body slam a tree and slap himself on the chest. What a man.


Chinese "disco." We like.


The view from my dorm room window on an especially clear day. The government's cloud seeding tactics must be working, because the incidence of clear days has gone up drastically recently. Awesome, except for the whole rain-every-other-day bit.


Behold, Pejoy. You know you want some.


Behind these pedestrians lies what I like to call the Intersection of Doom. "Why," you ask, "aren't those traffic lights in the background?" Turns out, they don't work. The ensuing congestion sort of defeats the purpose of the intersection.


Obligatory "blurry moving train" photo.


Eating Korean BBQ in Wudaokou. So much, so good.


The only photo I managed to take in Tous Les Jours before the fuwuyuan told me to stop. TLJ's 蛋挞 (egg tarts) are okay, but not as good as KFC's.


Enjoying the scenery at Yiheyuan.


The dragon boat we took to cross the lake. Scary, isn't it?


Jihoon, one of the first non-Yale people I got to know in China.


Can't you just hear the sound "Blaghhh!" coming out of his mouth?


Inside the dragon boat. David is probably explaining how important Mu Laoshi is.


The Korean posse, looking pretty slick.


View from the top. It's hard to make out in this small version, but the little dots in the background are all boats.


What, did you think the bathrooms in China were exempt from the Olympics reforms?


My language partner, 吗静 (Ma Jing). I forget what she was pointing at.


Pam, trying to hide behind my sunglasses (to no avail).


Aww. Awwww.


Happy! (We soon found out that the restaurant in the background doesn't sell ice cream. Not so happy, rawr.)


风景一定不错!


General silliness all around. Did you know that that giant dragon thing is actually a kite? I didn't.


Pam's yuban/my yuban's best friend, Meng Ran. She was amused by something, apparently.


Inspecting the label (probably the ingredients, since Chinese food labels don't have nutrition information).

4 comments:

Kelly McLaughlin said...

Great photos! You really capture the human element (not to sound goofy, I hope) in those shots. Man Hugs Tree is priceless. [I would occasionally see Koreans doing that, too, back when I was living in Korea.]

Eileen said...

pejoy!

james kim, i love your photos! :D

Susie said...

James 我很高兴看你的照片!好像你在欣赏你的生活 :) 我羡慕你在五道口!我想韩国菜!

jglc said...

I like Man Hugs tree too. Mmm. 功夫.